[Hlavní strana] [Krajský úřad] [Kalendář akcí] [Kontakt] [Pro registrované]

Návrat na hlavní stranu

Středočeský kraj


Masarykovo náměstí 34, 251 67 Pyšely
Phone: +420 323 647 344, +420 323 647 218

Opening hours:
From April to September
Fri 10 am- 12 pm and 1 pm - 3 pm
Sat 10 am- 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm

The museum in Pysely was founded in 1937. The main person behind it was Arnost Chvojka. The collection was greatly varied and grew to as much as a thousand exhibits. The museum was closed in the 1950s and the collection was distributed among other museums in the region. Efforts to re-establish the museum began in the early 1990s. The current permanent display was installed on the second floor of a house owned by the municipality and opened to the public for the first time on 3 November 1996.

The renewed museum has assumed the approach of the original display and concentrates mainly on local history, which serves as a basis for several themes. The museum features the following collections: archaeological - with exhibits documenting primeval and medieval settlements; numismatic, ethnographic; the history of the community with historical records, photographs, and a collection dedicated to a native of Pysely, the natural scientist and philosopher, professor Emanuel Radl. The ethnographic collection contains numerous contributions from local people, and also part of the original collection of the museum, returned from a similar institution in Ricany.


Typ záznamu: Muzeum
AKTUALIZACE: Václav Pošmurný (TO 03) org. 2, 20.11.2005 v 12:12 hodin

Copyright 1998-2023 © Luděk Šorm